The Lowrule Uprising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letters and Legalities

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Letters and Legalities - Page 6 Empty Re: Letters and Legalities

Post  Unkykong Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm

(19) "you have some nice looking wares here". I comment as I browse around.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed May 22, 2013 6:48 pm

You hear a scuffling sound in the alley. Shirin doesn't notice, nut pondscum turns and says, "What's that?"

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed May 22, 2013 7:00 pm

"I'm not sure, but lets go find out." I rush toward the sound and alert shirin of us leaving as I run by.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed May 22, 2013 7:36 pm

ROLL INITIATIVE!

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 pm

(Natural 20. For 25)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 pm

you burst into the alley and see three shadowy figures struggling to move something heavy. They see your fairly non-stealthy entrance and drop the object and turn on you. What do you do?

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed May 22, 2013 8:13 pm

"What is going on here? Nothing a common citizen should have to worry about...right?" (Intimidate 25).

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed May 22, 2013 11:25 pm

[sry I passed out on the couch...]
"You!" one of the masked creatures hisses. "I had not even dreamed that my luck would be so good. You foiled me with that starknife, but all that ends tonight. I've had enough of your meddling!"

With that he raises his arms and begins to cast. The ground in front of the caster erupts and a giant spider comes out and turns on you. It meets you half way and swipes with its legs, missing you.

Shirin appears in the alley entrance, takes one look and shoots a lightning bolt at the nearest attacker. The nameless thug screams in pain as the jolt of electricity finds its mark.

In retaliation the thug rushes over to Shirin and just barely scores a glancing hit.

The other thug turns to you and hits you for 4 damage.

Pondscum also begins to cast and light fills the alley as a small lightning elemental appears and rushes over to the thug attacking you. It fails to strike the thug.

You may attempt an attack of opportunity on either the spider or the thug as it comes within striking distance. Also take your turn.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 am

As the thug swings at me I seize the moment while he is open and pierce him with my starknife. (13 atk). Seeing that I need some help I step back 5' and pray to desna for her blessing. (Bless).

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm

With a snarl, the masked caster points at you and a blast of dark energy leaves his hand and settles on the thug next to you.

The summonned spider swings at you again and misses. As the spider is swinging, a cackling laughter fills the alley and a hyena leaps out from behind a pile of trash and straight onto Pondscum! The trash impeded its leap, though, and the dog misses.

Shirin, now fully enflamed by battle, sports a grotesque smile and lightly touches the thug next to her. The man stiffens as electricity courses through him. The thug doesn't look so good... But he attempts a hit back and misses.

The thug near you, seeing his comrade about to succumb to the fearsome looking teenager, gets a new perspective on life and takes a 5 foot step backwards.

The elemental, however, knows no such bothersome emotions such as fear or theories like mercy. It strikes the retreating thug and crackles with delight when its attack lands.

Pondscum, seeing the fight begin to swing in ya'll's favor, runs to the nearly dead thug by Shirin and touches the man. Cuts and bruises appear all over the mans body and the man falls dead at their feet. Shirin howls in rage at not being able to finish the job herself.

What do you do?

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu May 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Encouraged by our luck I deftly wield my starknife and attack the thug again (15)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu May 23, 2013 9:13 pm

You baaaaarely hit him for (damage?).

The masked caster throws out an arm and the ground under you becomes overgrown in clinging vines. [make a reflex save] The spider swings at you and actually looks a little depressed as it misses yet again.

The hyena lunges at pondscum again and again misses.

Shirin, her smile turned upside down, focuses her rage at the caster. Freeing herself from the entangling vines she makes it to the edge of the magical weeds and chants ominously. As she chants she begins to grow in size until she nearly doubles. Her roar of fury nearly deafens you. [I need to multi-class this chick with barbarian hehe].

The thug near you, now completely overwhelmed by the battle, tries to turn and run but due to his master's magical manifestations, is stuck. And is soon struck by the lightning elemental.

Pondscum tries to follow Shirin, but cannot. All he can do is reach out his hand and touch your shoulder healing you for 10 points of damage. (i think u had 4 points damage... so u should be full now)

What do you do?

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 pm

(Ref 19) with the thug rooted in place I slash at him with my weapon (16 for another 4).

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 pm

The thug is now bleeding all over the place. Your only remaining foe has a dangerous desperate glint in his eye as be makes one more cast. All of a sudden a misty fog appears around the masked caster, obscuring him from your vision. The hyena turns and runs into the mist, laughing.

The spider continues its assault on you, misses and sulks despondently.

Shirin, now in giant form, raises her flaming morningstar and smashes it down in the middle of the fog. A yell of pain is followed by a flash of light, and then all is quiet.

The lightning elemental strikes the nearly dead thug and then crackles off back to its plane as the thug falls down dead. The magical vines shrink back into the ground.

Pondscum moves up next to you and Shirin.

What do you do?

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri May 24, 2013 6:58 am

"Hold on guys. Don't move around. Once the fog clears I may be able to track him. While we wait see if that piece of shit has anything of value on him. And do you see the trunk they were moving?"

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri May 24, 2013 10:33 am

The two thugs had about 75G between the two of them. Besides that nothing fancy. You think they may have been more of laborers instead of fighters.

Shirin, still super huge, steps over and picks up the object the people were struggling with. The tarp it was covered with is thrown aside and she holds a profane alter. It looks a lot like the one you saw in the mines at Last Stop. This one has been modified to be easier to move and set up.

With a grimace she drops it and it breaks into a few pieces. She begins fanning the fog with the tarp as she begins to shrink back to normal.

"Do you know what that was Saeaeck?" Pondscum throws out his hand and a crate sitting near the shattered alter glows like a torch, shedding light in the alley.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am

"An alter of for some evil god from an evil plane. Your master visited it not to long ago."

"Thank you shirin for clearing the fog. Desna grant me luck" I say as I begin looking for tracks for the few who escaped. (26 survival to track).

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri May 24, 2013 11:28 am

Pondscum shivers and backs away from the altar then stops. Mustering his resolve he walks back up to it, summons a glob of water above the mess and holds it there while he mumbles prayers. With a sigh he lets the water drop over the pieces of the altar and turns to follow you.

Your keen senses see the tracks of the hyena run straight to the location of the caster, then the two make for the other end of the alley. After a few steps, however, the tracks get all confused and random and you see pieces of the pavement broken as if something large with spikes had crashed down here. You also see splashes of blood.

The blood continues with the tracks, only the caster's now and with an obvious limp, up to a burnt area in the pavement where the tracks stop. No tracks lead away from this point.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri May 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Baffled by the missing tracks I ask around to see of anybody saw a hyena and/or a robed figure matching the description of the Mage in an attempt to pick up the trail.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri May 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Some people in the area had seen the 3 people enter the alley, but nobody had seen either masked bad-guy or his companion leave.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri May 24, 2013 5:27 pm

With the trail gone cold I decide to return to the scene of the battle to have a look around and see where they were coming from, hoping to find some clue.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun May 26, 2013 12:18 pm

You can see tracks leading into the alley from the other direction that you had come, but after following them out into the night market they are obscured by the hundreds of other tracks left by the throngs of people. The trail is cold.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon May 27, 2013 8:30 am

Having lost the trail, I suggest we continue our evening while keeping an eye out for anymore suspicious activity. I also want to mark off the alter to use for proof when talking to the counsel.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon May 27, 2013 9:17 am

You continue on at the night market, but none of you feel the same enthusiasm in checking out the strange sights and sounds. But no other strange encounters present themselves and the three of you find your way back to the inn by about midnight.

in the morning you check the alley and though your markings are still there the altar pieces are not.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Having received no help from the hand of god. I give up trying to make this encounter work out in my favor and perp are for my meeting with the counsel this afternoon.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum