The Lowrule Uprising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning House

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cleaning House - Page 4 Empty Re: Cleaning House

Post  Lefty Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 am

"I honestly dont believe you can make any change. But there is an empty building down the street we were saving for a new brothel. Take it and see what you can do. We'll leave you alone unless you burn it down or something." the laughter returned.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm

"Fine, I'll see what I can do. If we are to do this, you will give me the week and suspend your illegal operations. When my week is up you can assume control of the new operations if they are successful and continue what I get started. Deal?"

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 am

~coughROLLcough~ ~coughWELCOMEBACKcough~

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am

The old man stares at you for a hard minute and then chuckles.

"So let me get this straight. You want to give my boys a vacation. And repair that old dump down the street. And begin earning legal revenue. And then hand it all over to me when you're done? Are you drunk?"

He stands up, saunters over to you, spits in his hand and holds it out. "One week."

(hint: in ur reply tell me what ur going to do. be detailed, provide specifics. dont worry about cost of materials, assume Jasom got some donations from shops on the border of the docks who want a more peaceful life etc. But do think about time, ie adding a 3rd story to the building will be more than a week's time, but repainting and replacing hand rails and such wont be more than a week. and make it fun, this audience isn't likely to frequent a cigar lounge with quiet music and newspapers...)

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 pm

"Ok Jasom, lets leave these gentlemen to their own devices, *coughhermmmm* within reason, and check out this new establishment. Once there we can start brainstorming ideas. If any of you would like too join us and help in the birth of this new way of doing life, feel free."

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 am

A handful of wary eyes glance over at the old man. He just shrugs and says, "Enjoy your vacation lads." About 5 or 6 strong arms get up and follow you out the door.

the place is about half way between the bar and the waterfront. It appears to have been both a warehouse and a gambling den in its past lives, but when you come up to it it is all boarded up with bits of graffiti and lewd pictures scrawled on it. After looking around inside, though, the structure appears to be solid, and most of the boarding and locks seemed to have done their job as little refuse decorates the mostly empty space. One large room takes up most of the area with smaller rooms off to the side and what may have once been a kitchen area in the back. The second floor opens to the main room with a balcony along 3 sides, also with spare rooms along the outside edge.

[see my previous post. describe what you're going to do.]

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:17 pm

"Ok guys, lets get too work. First order of buisness, I want this place too shine so we can start making other messes. Also, who did the art outside? I want it all covered up with clean art depicting the characteristics that make this rown unique, like ships and water and some decently clothed poeple. Once that is taken care of I want too know how large our yard is. Is there enough room for some archery and other types of games. Or are we confined too what is within these walls?"

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
no yard, buildings on either side & behind, street right by ur door.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 pm

"Once everything is cleaned out, I want the rooms counted and furnished. A bar should be build in front of the staircase, make sure it's stocked. I want tables covering 2/3rd of the floor and a boxing ring in the center. On the balcony I want tables with a chair on either side so patrons can look down on the action. On the balcony I would like too see some board games set up on as many tables as we can fit without interfering with foot traffic from the rooms and balconies."

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Since we are on the docks... I want to be called....Poseidon's Beard

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 pm

And make sure the art matches that name theme

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 pm

[I like it. However, since nobody knows about it, the place falls back into disrepair and you lose all your money invested. BUT WAIT! There's still time to advertise! Some people know about it from the handful of strong-arms who helped, but not many. What do you do?]

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:24 am

I was just getting it set up... Geez... "Ok now that the place is cleaned up and ready too go. The ring in the middle is for fist fighting only, and the fighters will be fighting for a prize. The prize money will come from the entry fees and the rest will go into the establishment. I want bouncers at the door and a few in the room. If patrons get rowdy I would like them to be encouraged to settle down or leave... Of their own will or by someone else's. now I want the word spread that there is a new place in town. Go to the docks and around town and put up some flyers informing them too come check it out. Then I would like too meet with our friend too set up management and too give some ideas of how to duplicate what is here without detracting from business in a particular establishment. Go get it done."

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 pm

[roll profession: entrepreneur. threw together a quick spreadsheet: 80% expenses, average of 7cp per drink, 6 drinks a person, about 40 ppl a day. then with 5-10 boxers a night and 20+ on weekends with weeknight entry 5 cp, weekend 1s, house takes 50%, I figure you'll be making 35g a week. I'll let the dice tell you if its a good week or a bad week. Roll high a few times in a row and you may have the crime lord old man dude take initiative and open a second one. and feel free to use this business plan in your future travels kind sir. and no, nobody is delivering your gold for you for free. hire someone or open a bank account in town and pick it up when u come through.]

[DM's Knowledge: also, you may or may not have met a certain few retired NPC's who may or may not be looking for work in the coming months. just saying...]

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:21 pm

10 entrepreneur. I want too inform the crime lord ahold man dude that he can do knife throwing competitions. Singer songwriter/dancers, and if there is a yard.... Archery and shuffle board. (When would or how would I run into said couple?)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 am

As you leave the bustling new Poseidon's Beard behind you in the capable hands of the not-as-crooked-as-you-thought old man, you pass groups of people talking excitedly. Most are talking about the new place and how colorful and exciting it seems to be. however, you begin to notice comments about the Mage's Guild floating past your ears.

Jasom abandoned you earlier this morning in favor of his guard shift, but he said he'd be on the lookout for the mage and Pondscum returning as this was the promised end of the week. but thoughts of the returning mystic take little importance next to the thought of a warm bed and hot meal after a week's worth of painting, moving furniture, and stocking shelves.

As you pass the street the Mage's Guild occupies you take a glance down in curiosity and keep walking. (roll perception or knowledge arcana)

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

I look down the ally (18 Perception) and recognize something magical is happeneing.... (27 knowledge Arcana)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Your step falters as you pass the street corner and realize some powerful wards are being set up around the humble chapter house. Strange noises and lights emanate from the interior and most of the passers-by cross on the other side of the street and keep their eyes averted.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Seeing this I turn towards the chapter house and walk up too the door and knock.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Pondscum scurrys out and all but pushes you inside, slamming the door behind him. In the dimly lit interior you see Jasom pacing nervously in front of Martin and Marta and the Mayor's daughter. The two retired adventurers seemed about to keel over from exhaustion, but the young woman seemed more perturbed than anything else.

"Where is my fiance? I demand to know what happened to him and whats going on." The way she was throwing her glare around and demanding answers made her seem like a spoiled princess, but when her eyes landed on you a shadow of recognition quieted her. "you. You're from my dreams. What is he doing here, Marta?"

Before the weary woman could answer the mage burst into the room from the upper stairwell and flopped heavily into the last remaining chair. Pondscum bolted for the kitchen and noone spoke till a bottle of wine had been opened and half emptied by the arcanist.

"Well where do we stand?" Jasom ventured, if nothing else then just to break the silence.

"Same as we were. Nothing's going to happen just yet, but I wanted my peace of mind." The mage slowly eyed each member of the room until at last his eyes lit on you. "leave here boy. If you get out now you'll most likely be spared the nightmare."

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:16 pm

"What in the nine hells is going on here? And hey Martin and Marta." I look too Jasom, "why was I not informed of this."

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:50 pm

"Things have been kindof busy around here, ok?" Jasom snapped. Pondscum scurried behind the reclining mage and peeked out from behind the chair at the guard captain. Martin looked up at you then returned to idly twirling two small vials in his right hand and staring into infinity.

"The town's gone," the girl calmly announced. "or at least thats what they say. I woke up yesterday in a wagon... I don't remember anything except those damn lizards attacking me and Freddie. Oh please tell me he's all right!" She reached over and gripped one of Marta's hands till her knuckles went white. Marta gripped back but said nothing. As the young woman spoke a bit of her cloak slipped down and you realize what you took for the baby bump was in fact wadded up bandage and gauze. the girl was no longer pregnant.

The mage stirred and leaned forward. "There's nothing left in that place but death. I don't know why nobody has seen it before, but theres bad times coming. And bad things to go with it." He nervously glanced up at the ceiling from the upper room he had recently departed. "I will not speak of what I found there, but we must begin warning people soon."

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:13 pm

"How do we warn people of things not mentioned? And a warning doesn't help if there is no solution on hand, nothing constructive can be gained by scaring the masses."

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:15 pm

"I dont really want to talk about what transpired up in the hills." A shadow crossed the mages face. the events of the last few days have weighed heavily on him. in fact he looks years older than when you last met. "but my words are not meant for the masses. I plan on going straight to the mayor himself." With those words he stood up and made a determined step for the door, but exhaustion pushed him back down to the floor.

An indignant squak from behind the chair was quickly followed by Pondscum helping the mage back into his chair. "not today ye aren't masta. ya need a hot meal and about three weeks o sleep in ya. ain't doin nobody no good iff'n ya cant make it to da door."

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:02 pm

"Hmm, What is it that I can do too help? I have a mind to continue on my way back too Abitha, From the way you make it sound, it seems it would be in our best interest to send word too them as well. If that is the case I can deliver the letter myself, unless there is a reason for me too stay here. Also, Marta, Martin, I have a proposition for you when we have time to speak on other issues."

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum