The Lowrule Uprising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning House

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Cleaning House - Page 5 Empty Re: Cleaning House

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:44 pm

At the sound of his name Martin gets real still. after a moment he closes his eyes, juggles the vials in his hand a few more seconds then picks one and downs it. Marta goes while as a ghost.

"Mmm.. no worries. That was the sugar water one. I'm good for now." pocketing the unopened vial he stands up as marta drops her head in her hands. "we can talk later, we got business to do. Now what exactly are we going to tell people? bad guys with rocks and pointy sticks want to come keep us awake at night? there's going to be more mosquitoes than usual this year? come on man. you saw what was down there, tell us!"

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 pm

I get up and join Martin and look at the Mage " seriously, give us something too work with!) (30 intimidate)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:40 pm

The weary mage, stunned by your ferocity, seems drawn not to your eyes or demanding stance, but for the first time stares deeply at your star knife. Perhaps it was the way the bladed weapon hung from your belt ready for use. Perhals it was the knicks and gouges in the trusty weapon that reflected your determined nature. Perhaps it was Desna herself come down to massage the knots from the arcanist's shoulders.

Whatever the case, the last line of defense seemed to fall from the mage as he slumped further into his chair. Pondscum had a glass of wine ready at his hand. "Far be it from me to complicate an already convoluted matter. Very well." In one swift motion the glass was emptied, thrown across the room, and the bottle grabbed from the stunned gnome's hands.

"My time in Abitha was spent not ingenuously. I catered not to the courtesians or those who wished to see parlor tricks, though I daresay those who did have made a much more lucrative income than I. No, my master was old even for an elf, and his tutelage involved many a weary night pouring through the eldest of tomes in the great library."

The glass, which had not been crushed against the wall, floated back to the mage's hand as if in mockery to his disdain of simple spells. In no time at all it had been filled and emptied again. "My name is [ctrl+t ctrl+l 'mage name generator' 'im feeling lucky' click 8 times] Zanrry Gladomain. I have studied the ancient texts for signs of the evil gods' return for my whole life. Twice I have battled demons and hellspawn surging from the portals to the nine rings and each time emerged victorious."

A light shone on Zanrry from some indistinguishable source and he seemed almost to lift off the floor in a coak of radience. But the light faded and a cough replaced it and Pondscum, faithful helper, was there to ease his ailing master back down.

"upon entry to Last Stop I knew all was not right. I stayed up half the night memorizing my spells, but in the morning naught had changed. No less evil clouded the land, no, but no attack had come in the night either. In my arrogance I decided to venture up alone to the source of the taint that you had found. When I jumped down into the pit you descended I found myself at the very portals I had warred against in my past. Only this time I was on the other side." this time the glass did not hesitate when it met the wall.

the bottle his only companion the mage rose again and paced the room, drinking and stabbing with the bottle at imaginary enemies. "for 16 months I fought them. for 16 months I sheltered in the abandoned fortress they thought to launch their invasion from. For 16 months they held the portal open at my back. And for 16 months I sought to discern their portal magicks and unweave it from the other side." At last Zanrry collapsed, the wine bottle empty and the chair expectantly waiting via the thoughtful machinations of the gnome.

"succeede I did finally. An undergeneral pushed too far forward and fell prey to my spells. After 16 months of fighting he willingly told me the secrets then willing thrust his own blade through his side." A shudder coursed through Zanrry. "t'was a pity to let him die so easily. but after so long with the end in sight I leapt into action! and found that mere seconds had passed since my leaving this plane."

A silence hovered over the room as all eyes save Pondscum's were lidless and all ears were rapt. the wearied mage sank deeper into his cushions and sighed, "Why, what did you do this week?"

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:50 pm

I started a business that potentially could make me a few gold a week.....(till next time?)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 am

"Pahahaha well I'm glad you were at least productive." coughing wrestled the rest of Zanrry's breath for the next minute or two, but when he calmed down he turned to you. "Wait, you've not left? Even after the tale I just told?" His gaze flickered back to the starknife and up again almost too quick for you to see. It almost seemed that a glimmer of recognition lightened Zanrry's countenence before he again spoke.

"so be it. I'll not argue with those whom I stive to serve. Meet me here on the morrow, or sleep here for all I care, it may be safer for you. But in the morning I will have a letter drafted for the mayor. He and I are close friends, I've helped him more than once in matters he could ill afford to lose. Pondscum shall accompany you for notetaking purposes."

A sour-faced gnome glares at you as he helped the weary mage up the stairs. As if this was all your fault!

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 am

I leave the wizards chapter house and look for the nearest armory. If I'm too travel with ill news ill ne wanting a new shield.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Having found a gruff bear of a man who knew a thing or two about rare wood, I bought a darkwood heavy sheild with a silver starknife over a lighting bolt on a painted field of Azure Blue. I payed the man 257g for his services.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:58 pm

As you walk out of the armor smith's shop you feel a certain pride fall upon you. You're not the type to sit idly by and use your base and cheap equipment till it breaks or you die. No, your sense of adventurism and pragmatic style afford you a luxury few others can appreciate. In fact, as you exit the shop with your aesthetically clashing shield, a nobleman and his wife pass you and laugh, politely at least, at your color scheme. "Somebody give that poor dwarf some classes in personal style!"

Hush, wife. That's a gnome, not a dwarf." Laughing the pair passes beyond view before you get a chance to respond.

"Gnome indeed." A perturbed Pondscum walks up to you as you are staring in disbelief at the street the nobles vacated. Inquisitive and slightly suspicious eyes turn to you. In this light, not overshadowed by his master's foreboding presence, you notice how piercing and sincere the dual azure orbs seem as they gaze on you. "I dont know what my master has in store. And I don't know how he intends to use you. But I am his servant to the end. Try and cross him and you will have to go through my undead body to get to him, be sure of that."

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 am

"Your loyalty is commendable, but I don't believe we will have any trouble." I go back to the barracks and get some rest before heading back to the mages place

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri May 03, 2013 4:11 pm

As you walk out of the guard shack you notice a shadowy figure disengage from the side alley and make a bee line towards you. Before you can react, though, you realize it's merely pondscum. "The master has gone. and I am stuck with you..." with obvious sarcasm and disdain the gnome produces a magnificent flourish. 'Whither shalt we proceedeth master?"

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum