The Lowrule Uprising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good night's sleep

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A good night's sleep Empty A good night's sleep

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:21 am

What a day. The last 24 hours have been more active and challenging that anything you have come across in a long while. But, with payment in hand you follow Mike the barkeep up to the second story of the inn and to the same room you stayed in before. The bedding has been freshly laundered, a tub of water sits heating in the corner to clean away the grime of battle, and a tray of fresh bread and some lamb stew sit on the small table next to a full mug of ale.

"Well, we're all pretty glad you came along, little sir. This here foods from Miss Martha. She runs the kitchens for the mining crews, but when she's not cooking for large numbers her food actually isn't too bad. She lost her boy up there too so this is... Well, have a good night. There's more ale where that came from."

And with that the slightly nervous barkeep practically runs back downstairs. apparently he's not used to dealing with a celebrity.

A few hours later you are in the midst of a fierce battle to save a whole caravan of beautiful halfling women from a vicious and bloodthirsty dragon. Your rear up on your pure white pony and raise your starknife to the heavens. As you open your mouth to ask the blessing of Desna you are startled by a scream. turning around you see none of the halfling women, they are still hiding in their wagons.

You regain your composure and turn to face the dragon again, but before you can act heroic the dragon leans forward and yells, "Help!" Confused, you pause as the dragon just sits there looking at you. Your pony turns its head and stares at you. "Wake up man."

You bolt upright in bed sweating. the room is dark, but dancing shadows and light paint the wall and ceiling from some unknown source outside. Rising, you look out the window and discover that several of the town's buildings are on fire!

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

A good night's sleep Empty Re: A good night's sleep

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Lefty on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

(First off your map is hardly readable). I get out of bed and don my armor, before grabbing my new shiny Starknife and running down stairs. While running through the in I shout for anybody who can tell me what is going on, and try to find out where I can fit in to help put out the fires.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 pm

The inn downstairs is silent. the fire in the fireplace has burned almost to the embers and little light bathes the room other than from outside. The front door hangs open, though, and you see one or two people run past looking over their shoulders.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:57 pm

I run outside the inn and look around to see where I can fit into the obvious chaos

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Outside you see two buildings burning, one on either side of the road as it dead ends in town. A few of the remaining miners are trying to put the fires out with buckets of water from the well.

As soon as you step out of the inn, however, a pair of kobolds burst out of the house to your left.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

I turn to face the kobolds and yell obscenities at them in an attempt to demoralize them before I end their lives (30) intimidate)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:18 pm

They look at you and spit a few obscenities back in your direction then run back inside. Immediately they are back outside, this time airborne through the open window as if thrown. A troglodyte follows them with a leaping snarl and the trio advances upon you.

(initiative)

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:31 pm

As the two kobolds pick themselves up off the ground the troglodyte attacks. As it swipes you with its clawed hands and follows with a bite, your cat-like reflexes and dashing good looks make everything miss.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm

With a swift prayer to my goddess I call forth judgement on my foes seeking justice. Then I last out at the troglodyte with all my fury. (14 to hit for 2 dmg-excluding my unknown weapon modifiers).

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Your attack nearly pierces the troglodyte, but alas; with short stature comes short arms. the troglodyte takes the opportunity to try for another bite and again misses.

The two kobolds sweep in from either side and also miss horribly with their spears, one finding nothing but the dirt at your feet and the other clanging off your armor.

(are you adding your judgement to your roll or should I?)

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:00 pm

(I am is the new Starknife a masterwork item, if so I can ad the +1 to attack, if not ill let you add the modifiers on my next round) dodging out of the way of the lesser creatures I come up from under them for another assault on the leader of the small group. (19 for 2)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:24 pm

(it is indeed masterwork) As you thrust upwards you feel the satisfying crunch of your blades pushing through scale. the troglodyte screams and swipes at you with two unsuccessful claws. his bite, however, finds a weak point in your armor and blood begins to flow.

Neither of the kobolds can hit you though. (crit on the bite. rolled a 1 for damage lololollll....)

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Enraged by the bite I thrash about and bring my weapon for another attack. (12 for 2).

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Your rage blinds you and you miss your quarry.

the troglodyte, also now enraged, also misses everything. The kobolds, seeing the fight raging on step back to merely hurl insults.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Encouraged by the kobolds fear I press the attack on the stinking reptile. (19 for 4)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm

The stench increases as more blood and bile spill out of the wounded troglodyte. His claws come back down but none find their mark. (sry, the last one was 3 dmg)

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm

(So I took 3 dmg?). Laughing at that failing troglodyte in attack. (Crit miss)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 pm

The now freely-flowing blood coming out of the wounded beast makes your grip on your starknife precarious and it slips from your hand as you try to attack.

The troglodyte, sensing an escape makes attacks again, but his rapidly failing strength lends him no success. One of the kobolds yet remains and lunges forward with his spear, narrowly missing your head.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Grumbling at my unfortunate slip I scramble around and retrieve my weapon and brace myself for the incoming attacks

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 pm

The troglodyte tries to give you the slip as the kobold attacks and misses again. (roll attack of opportunity then proceed with your turn).

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 pm

As the troglodyte turns to flee I take the opportunity to attack it (21 for 4) and then attack again (12 for 2)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:37 pm

The troglodyte makes it away, but is crawling now, clutching its side. The kobold gives you one last unsuccessful stab then turns to follow it's companion. (AoO and your turn).

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Attacking the fleeing kobold(crit 6 to confirm for 3 dmg) then I attack again hoping to finish off the filthy beast (20 for 2)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum