The Lowrule Uprising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock and stone, leaving home

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rock and stone, leaving home - Page 2 Empty Re: Rock and stone, leaving home

Post  Unkykong Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:49 pm

"Well nothing creates a bond of friendship like shared adventure. Thank you for your Hospitality." I say for small talk as we wait and break bread together.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:08 pm

The rest of the evening passed in relative ease. The food and drink kept coming and the stories and talk flowed just as freely. You learned that the dwarves had been fighting their common enemy for ages upon ages. However, very recently, within the year, the green-skin presence had been growing more and more ambitious until the dwarves had to now fight on their very doorstep daily.

They took it all in stride though. Most of the common or lower-born dwarves thought nothing of it, this was just a stronger surge than normal, it would slow down and they would push back. Back and forth it would go like the tide.

The more high-born dwarves and nobles thought differently. This was no ordinary surge. These orcs and other monsters had purpose and direction. Either they had suddenly grown brains overnight or someone was leading them. Or worse, pushing them. Whatever an orc feared was no small foe.

These thoughts were kept quiet though for fear of alarming the common folk, and when pressed, any nobleman would tug his beard, empty his flaggon, and order another for him and for you with a big grin on his face, muttering about tall tales and foolishness.

[Roll a diplomacy and fortitude save, the fort wont be neccessary if the dipl is good enough. or if you decide to try to keep up with the dwarves drink for drink ignore the diplomacy (peer pressure) check and just roll fort]

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:16 pm

(12 Fort 14 Diplo)Getting into the spirit of things I grab my flag and raise it to the dwarves as i share tales with them.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:07 am

And thats the last thing you remember.

Your dreams were filled with expeditions into the unknown fighting the spawn of darkness. Wild adventures of defeating the ogre king of Bal'Manok and the band of Thirty Thieving Things, a rogue goblin guild meant to plant mischief everywhere they traveled, left you as exhausted when u awoke as when u went to sleep.

But wait, as your eyes gained focus, you wondered where u were.

Moving your eyes, turning your head hurt too much so you have left it still, you observed the surrounding room. And what a room it was. Immense columns marched away in all directions as far as the eye could see. Worked marble showed dragons and other wrything vermin scaling the stone while scores of dwarven warriors battled form above slaying the evil in moments frozen in stone.

Your eyes trail to the floor and you wonder at the dressed stonework interlaced with slashes of gold and silver. Who would be so rich as to put such riches in the floor, even of a room so grand as this? your eyes continue their slow roll inward.

With a start, you realize you are reclining on a chair made of solid gold. No, not a mere chair. As you scramble off of it you see the likenesses of the dwarven paragons of old supporting an immense throne of tooled gold. Crouching, you dart quick glances across the floor seeking those who may have seen you sitting on the king's throne.

[reflex and perception]

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Suddenly startled with the realization of how much I actually consumed lastnight, expecially when finding myself in such a prestigious chair I jump up and (reflex 12) while looking around to see if anybody noticed my lack of judgment (perception 12)

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum