The Lowrule Uprising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Example of solo play

2 posters

Go down

Example of solo play Empty Example of solo play

Post  Unkykong Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Example of solo play Empty Re: Example of solo play

Post  Unkykong Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Some of this we are already doing. Just looking for ideas to enhance gameplay and too see what I can find

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Just a nifty "one day" thought
More husband and wife one on one gameplay stuff

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 am

Nice finds. I'm out of work again so I'll be putting up the next campaign this afternoon probably. Think I'll read these first though.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Thoughts from these posts I like:

consider a multiclass character? glass cannon is neat in groups, but at the moment you are the tank and healer and dps and cc and stealthy all rolled into one. Just a thought. you may soon see recurring or constant companions/sidekicks, but still, dont wear all your armor in front and assume no one's ever going to sneak up behind u. I won't pull an alex, but I will try to throw you off balance as often as I can get away with it.

leave the beaten path from time to time. or all the time. you're still kindof in the tutorial at this point, but after this next encounter (#3) go do stuff if u want, pursue that passive income thing, talk to people about other adventure paths out there or hidden treasures or bounties or thieves (or thieving jobs to do yourself? maybe even against the powerful corrupt, aka robin hood?) Just thinking out loud here, but don't feel confined.

dont close the door behind you: there were a couple posts earlier where someone said something to you or asked you a question and you answered something along the lines of "I reply 'yes, this and that information. what info can you give me about this and that event? thank you.' then I turn around and leave." aka you never wait for an answer. Dont be afraid to have a conversation with a mundane npc, even just a few words per post. you ask them about someone you're looking for , they respond, you respond again, etc etc etc.

I should have done this before, but what kind of adventure are you looking for? sherlock holmes? gilgamesh/beowulf? standard but with emphasis on story or character? I feel rather unfocused at this point about the story. I know what's going to happen mostly, but should this be more gritty real life, more epic high fantasy, tongue in cheek satire? let me know.

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unkykong Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Yeah I've been trying to talk to more people. And that one reference you made I did magically appear in the room to talk about it.

As far as what kind of adventure.... So far so good. I like the serious tone, and the not spoon fed story. Having freedom to make choices and being able to deviate a bit from what you might have planned. Having some diplomacy, bluff and intimidate specializations without charisma could lead to some very interesting conversations. In what I have of my back story I mention the power of words to get out of trouble. Convincing people I have powerful friends or am an agent of some obscure group. Also getting my blood stones appraised. Thinking of things like using intimidation to get a "fair" price. I wouldn't steal from an honest business. So you better be honest kind of stuff. Some satire elements could be fun, like a comic relief character or event. As the story progresses and I advance in level and power, maybe try to figure out a reputation thing where I might be an guest of honor for a king or queen or something, even if it is private. Events that I can whiteness like parades and stuff. But I love where this is going.

Unkykong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 pm

ok. I think I might start playing with you off and on. but I'm starting to compile some lengthy notes at work... being back in the old republic has given me some good ideas for a choice-driven story, this and that will happen, but you're not going to have the same story as an inquisitor of ur same alignment played by another person...

Lefty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum